Migrate or Move Your WordPress Site from One Host to Another (Such as GoDaddy or HostGator)
We recommend you use the Backup Creator WordPress plugin to move your sites from one web host to another.
1. Backup “source” website and make multiple copies (important): WordPress + Backup Creator
2. Buy account on web host (important: don’t transfer nameservers yet) — we recommend Double Agent Hosting.
3. Get temporary URL from new web host: Install WordPress, Backup Creator on the “destination”
4. Run “test restore” on destination, make sure it’s all there
4. THEN edit nameservers, run the “real” restore